11.22.2010

Have you ever been Boo-ed by a crowd of 2,000 people? We have...

Living in Texas most of our married life has made us recent Longhorn fans (don't worry, we still like the Utes and Casey wanted me to say that it's OK to like more than one team because the BCS is messed up and Texas and Utah will never play each other anyways, for all the guys who are reading this blog.... and I have NO idea what that means... he just made me put that.) When we were living in Austin and visiting Lubbock on a trip last month, the Longhorns (Austin) had a rival game against Texas Tech (Lubbock). We of course had to root for the Longhorns since we were living in Austin at the time and we enjoy the longhorn symbol (see front of van).

Side note: Why are we white trash? Because we have horns on our van and we tie our mattress to the top of it because it's the only way to get it home.

So when we went to walk around the college before the game started (in our burnt orange colors) about 2,000 students were waiting outside for the game to start (in their black and red colors). Needless to say we stuck our like 4 orange construction cones. We... along with our babies.... walked by them and one guy yells out "HEY EVERYBODY!! BOO THAT GUY!!!" followed by 1,892 people boo-ing at us! (I'm assuming 108 of them decided to not join in) It was exciting. We walked around, shared a papa john's pizza, and ended up watching the game at Texas roadhouse. 






and YEP they won.... so BOO all of you Texas Tech fans!!!!!

4 comments:

Angela Brian said...

OH MY GOODNESS IS THAT REALLY YOUR VAN??? I LOVE IT!!!

Amber Hendrix said...

Oh Joscelyn! You crack me up! I love reading your blog & trying to stay caught up with what is going on in your busy lives. I had to laugh at the horns on your van! I love that you guys are such fans that you would go all out! You are such a fun wife. I hope Casey knows what a lucky man he is!

Your boys are getting so big and they are absolutely gorgeous! I really hope we get to see you all at Christmas. We miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny! I love that your team won in the end. I bet those fans that boo'ed you felt really dumb after the game! ;) You're awesome Jos.

Shay said...

That is hilarious. Last post I loved you even more because of aliens- this post, THE VAN! We had one when I was younger and it was the COOLEST THING EVER!