1.27.2011

The thing they call carbs.


How can one thing taste SO good but yet make me feel SO bad?
I don't even know what a "carb" is. So I urban dictionar-ied it and it came as this:

Carbohydrate: Any group of organic compounds that collaborate with sugar, starch, cellulose, gum and other crap and servers as a major energy source in animals.

YeP. That's about right. 
Since I used to work at a gym I got to know the term "good carbs, bad carbs" very well. I know that good carbs are stuff such as brown rice, whole wheat bread, and all of the other non-flavorful brown stuff we typically don't pick up from the grocery store. And bad carbs are the yummy stuff like doughnuts, cake, cookies, candy, flour tortillas filled with beans and cheese (you get the picture)

So while I have been grocery shopping I have been trying to incorporate some of these so called good carbs into our pantry. I have been buying brown rice, whole wheat bread, turkey bacon, lean meats etc only to find that a month later, they are all still sitting in the pantry. 

I have tried the whole no carb low carb diet thing and for just ONE week of doing this I felt AMAZING! I had so much energy, my tummy was not bloated, when I sat down I didn't have to pull my pants over my fluff, AND the scale had generously gone down about 3 numbers! I haven't felt that good in so long!

Until I took a trip to the nearest McDonalds and ate a hot n spicy. I thought "why not? it's one burger! And I've already lost 3 pounds.What will this hurt me?" Well it did. I ate and ate and ate.

Now... I have kept the pounds off but feel like poo again. And of course it just makes me want to eat. 
So the point of this post... I know you all are wondering by now is... 

WHERE DO I FIND THAT MOTIVATION FOR THE GOOD CARB FOODS AGAIN???

help me!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your AMAZINGLY SWEET comment!! You totally made me blush!! I need to confess: I love carbs. They are my bff. I will never divorce them. I just can't.

Shay said...

DONT LET THEM GO, Jos! Lets be real- you and I both love carbs. Moderation in all things is key! Except for Cheez-its, white popcorn, lemonheads and tacobell. Moderation is not key in those examples.