12.13.2010

R.I.P. Grandma Iverson and Grandma Maggie

My Great Grandma passed away a few months ago. Casey's grandma also passed away more recently. I never had the chance to meet her but from what I hear she was an amazing woman. We were able to attend both funerals.  My grandmothers was held in Mesa AZ and his in Logan UT. I never had the chance of meeting his grandma but hear she was a great woman. Attending these two funerals makes me so grateful for my knowledge in the church and knowing that we have the plan of salvation and that I will get to see my grandma again as well as meet Caseys. It is a great feeling knowing that after we pass on from this life we move on and don't just die. It also reminds me of why I am here.  After talking to his sister about plans of how to conduct the funeral he talked to me about how a funeral should not be mourned but should be a celebration. He thought we should get balloons and cake lol. He said, yes, they are not here with us on this earth but think about what a great place they are in now? We should be nothing but happy for them. I am glad that so far I have accomplished being sealed to an eternal family and having given two great little spirits a body. There is so much more I want to accomplish while I am here.

Here are a few pictures of Casey's grandma's funeral. (we didn't get any at my grandmas)


My sisters in law and I


Casey and I


 Kai trying to help and hang on (as he trips over a headstone)


The Bearers


Kai Jensen and Whitney


Kai sharing his love of balls with a baby grave


Whitney drew grandma a picture


The Iverson's


My niece Whitney





Jensen thought it would be fun to sit behind a tree and enjoy some fresh mud for lunch


Grandpa Bob and Noah



3 comments:

Shay said...

Love love love this post! I cant believe I got to BE THERE when you guys were sealed- one of my most favorite memories;-) Lovely photos!

Angela Brian said...

aw. this makes me want to give my grandma a big hug!

you pictures are soo cute.

you have a gorgeous family!

Anonymous said...

really an eye opener for me.

- Robson