3.29.2010

7 day detox diet- Day 1

Not that you have to read this but I am starting a 7 day detox diet that is supposed to help me lose a lot of weight healthily~ if thats even a word :) so I'll be able to keep it off. I am basically blogging about it every day to kinda keep a journal and also keep me motivated, so please bare with me :) For those of you who are interested (and still reading) the website is called 7daydetoxdiet.com. It comes with a grocery list and also a 7 day meal plan to not only detoxify your body but also to help you lose weight. I mean how could you not lose weight by going from eating soda, cookies, frozen foods, and sugary stuff and snacking throughout the day to eating strictly whole organic foods? I along with this am taking the slimquick pills. The commercial looked cool and I read a lot of good reviews about it so what the heck, why not? I actually started the slimquick pills yesterday and I have noticed that they make me not hungry AT ALL. I literally ate half of one of the most amazing steaks I have ever had and that was IT. Yes, I lost a pound and a half yesterday but I can thank not eating for that. SO in a way I can say that the pills are working in suppressing my appetite :) They also gave me a tremendous boost of energy. Can't complain about that either. As far as my detox plan is going, so far eh. Luckily I am taking these pills or I would be absolutely starving right now. The foods actually sound delicious, you just don't get to eat a lot of them. Due to the pills I actually couldn't even finish my breakfast of 1/2 an apple and a piece of bread and couldn't finish my snack which was 1/8 cup of almonds. I am moving onto lunch here in about 30 minutes and the thought of a half apple some broccoli and 1 cup lentil soup actually sounds like a lot of food to me. Not to mention all the water you HAVE to drink with every meal and snack. I guess this is a good thing :) I actually feel great inside. But then again it's only been a few hours. Starting this I weigh 136.2 in the morning before anything. I have a horrible habit of weighing myself about 35 times a day so I am putting the scale away for the week! My goal is to eventually get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 120.... I could settle for 125 tho. I noticed I was a little too skinny. But mainly this week I am hoping to lose 7-10 pounds to get me over my hump of pregnancy weight I have put on (and lose the belly). After Kai I only got down to 134.2 before I found out I was pregnant again. I couldn't lose the weight for anything so hopefully this time around is different. Wish me luck and I'll be posting again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE MOTIVATED ME! I want to do this too, I will do it after you do it so you can tell me what is best, GOOD LUCK!!!