2.03.2011

RECAP OF GOOD NEWS

Since our camera decided to go MIA for the past two weeks, I have to post about other things besides "hey everyone! Come see how cute my kids are!" Until our camera decides to pop up again, I've looked everywhere and can't find it, I will be posting without pics. But some good news on my end...

I start school again on March 21st. I am starting with 2 online classes (secretly I wish they had more) and then if they have any of the classes I need to take during summer I will be taking those. I have about a year of prereqs left and then I will be applying to Pharmacy school at UT in Austin. Wish me luck! I am super excited to start something new again.... that doesn't consist of making babies lol. Maybe in a few years we will have another.

I finally did my fit test at lifetime... and oh baby. My actual body age is 18! Which I have been feeling is more of age 53. I also have 12.4 percent body fat... not that anyone cares... but I thought I was around the 15-16 percent body fat percentage. And yes... he used a caliper so it was pretty accurate. I also have super buff biceps... my strength is 76! Which is in the excellent category for women. Sorry to brag to myself I am just trying to make fitness a bigger part of my life. On the downside.... My cardio is not good by ANY means. SO I have been going to the gym everyday and I have finally gotten myself to run at a 5.5 mph pace for 25 minutes. Its almost 3 miles so that is becoming a big improvement for me. My goal is to be running at a 7.0 MPH for 30 minutes but we still have quite a ways for that to happen. P90X isn't going so great.. I have ZERO motivation to workout by myself in my living room. I am hoping between the running and maybe a few group classes here and there I can maybe make up for the lack of P90X.

I have been eating better and feel amazing! Yes... switching out diet soda for regular has been a challenge but makes so much difference.

I have started to read the book of mormon again while caseys gone on my own time. I can really study the scriptures when I have all the time of day to do it.

Noah turns ONE on Saturday! And Kai TWO on the following Saturday! I can't believe it. I feel like I'm getting old. We don't know what we are going to do for their birthdays yet... we don't really know any little kids here but have a huge ward so I may just invite all the moms I know and have their kids come even though they aren't the same age. It will still be a fun little get together.

Casey is still working his bum off. the weather has been about 28 degrees with A LOT of wind so it's been harder the past couple days... I haven't minded because secretly I like having someone to stare at all day.

And that's about all that's going on with us here is the hood. Hope your having a wonderful day!


3 comments:

Shay said...

Way to go, Jos! I don't have the motivation to workout by myself, either! Maybe you should train with me to run a half marathon? Yes, I think so:-)

Happy almost-birthday to your sweet boys!

Anonymous said...

I forgot that there was a time of the year where your boys are the same age! That is so crazy. You are a great mom and that is so amazing that you are taking classes on top of everything else. You are amazing. Love you and your little family!!! I wish Steel and I could celebrate with you and the boys!

Whitney and Michael said...

Those are great things to have going on in your life- it all sounds like so much fun! :)