10.09.2009

Wow, school spirit like never before......



So today is Friday. And EVERYONE in Midland Texas knows that when it's friday, it's high school football game day. And today is not like any other friday... it's the permian (Friday Night Lights team for all you who don't know) vs. midland lee game... the two rivals. I always thought I had school spirit until this morning when I realized that it didn't get better than midland lee's. We were all three awoken at 6:30 A.M.!! Let me remind you we went to sleep around 1 a.m. At 6:30 A.M. this morning we hear the sound of drums.... LOUD LOUD DRUMS.... followed by trumpets, and flutes, and trombones, and every other band instrument you can think of playing their school theme music... LLLOOOUUUDDD. To the point our walls were shaking...... At 6:30 A.M.!! Some person across the street, across the field, inside a neighborhood decided to paly their school band CD possibly as loud as I have ever heard anything and for a half hour at that. At first I was mad that we had all woken up so early but after awhile thought it was funny when we started seeing cars from our apartment complex drive over there. Luckily we fell back to sleep. And even more exciting is that we are going to the game tonight and we bought perinian shirts at last weeks game so I am wearing mine all day. I hope the game is as exciting as the day has started out to be. GO PERMIAN!!! Blackout ;)


No comments: